LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Has anyone got this pic.

Last post 05-23-1999, 3:41 PM by anonymous2. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-19-1999, 9:14 PM 521

Has anyone got this pic.

*** Posted by Rapier ***
    Hello to all,

Has anybody got a picture of an F-16 will the grill plate at the front of the air intake. If you have let me know.

Regards

Rapier
  •  05-23-1999, 2:50 PM 592 in reply to 521

Re:Has anyone got this pic.

*** Posted by Tuck ***
    I read the archived messages about this. I know of no F-16 that flies with a grill. As the other responses indicated, a screen is used on the ground when the engine is being run by maintainers. Its sole purpose is to keep people from being ingested into the engine. It's fairly large (fits over entire intake lip), & usually painted red. This must be the mysterious grill. Hope this helps.[Hello to all,

Has anybody got a picture of an F-16 will the grill plate at the front of the air intake. If you have let me know.

Regards

Rapier]
  •  05-23-1999, 3:41 PM 593 in reply to 592

Re:Has anyone got this pic.

*** Posted by Rapier ***
    Hi Tuck,

Yes thanks for letting us know about the grill, you could be right, It would'nt be right if the F-16 flew with this grill, I just think it's like you said about stopping people from getting sucked in (nasty) to the air intake.

Regards

Rapier

[a screen is used on the ground when the engine is being run by maintainers. Its sole purpose is to keep people from being ingested into the engine. It's fairly large (fits over entire intake lip), & usually painted red. This must be the mysterious grill. Hope this helps.Hello to all,
    ]
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us